Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Blindside

So last night Kristin and I were watching a bootleg copy of the movie Blindside with Sandra bullock at her uncles house.

There is a line in there that caught my attention. The football coach is trying to get Michael into the school for sports but he is poor and has no family and would not fit in with the rest of the school. The board is debating to let him in.

The coach looks at the wall and points to the school crest which says "Christian" on it and says this:

"look at that. That says Christian. We either take that serious it we paint over it".

That got me thinking. How many times do we not take our Christian title seriously? How many times do we just paint over the fact that we are followers of Christ because following Him is inconvient at the time?

I admit I still struggle with this sometimes. And after I look at what I did and say, "I'm an idiot why would I do that?"

I think we need to keep this in our mind.

If we are Christian we need to take it seriously and devote our lives fully for the cause of Christ or we just need to paint over it and stop declaring something we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment