Wednesday, December 2, 2009

hmmm...new attitude

so something hit me today...

i have had a bad attitude towards my school. i have been very cynical and judgmental towards some of my professors. i really dont know what it is, but i have been really annoyed with some of them. i dont know whether its because i feel that they should be teaching something more meaningful to my thoughts of what we should be focusing on ministry or what. but something hit me, i should be thankful that i am even able to attend school. my dad has worked hard to pay for my schooling. and i should be appreciative. and i truly am. and i will start to have a different view towards my schooling and professors.

so for something that i have thought about today from my homework:

the idea of serving others. the way we serve, the hear that we put in it makes all of the difference. IF WE ARE SERVING TO MAKE OURSELVES FEELS BETTER, OR BECAUSE WE WANT TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT DOING SOMETHING GOOD, THEN WE COMPLETELY LOST THE REAL MEANING OF SERVICE. service should have the ones you are serving first and you last. "voluntary" serving is the way it should be. where you are serving and you are loving it, you are wanting to be there there, not for you, but because you feel the LORD is working through you and has called you to be there because that is where your heart is.

if i am not making sense, i am sorry. its 1 am and im tired, but i just wanted to get the thoughts out.

No comments:

Post a Comment