Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Job

So I was reading Job again today. It had been on my mind since Sunday. I was reading chapters two and three. After loosing all his animals and all of his children, Job was still not cursing God like Satan said he would. Even his own wife said, "why don't you curse God and die!" wow, that is intense. That's got to hurt that his own wife would say that and he would still be praising God.

After Satan sees this he goes back to God and says, that's nothing, anyone cN get through anything if nothing happens to them. Let me give him sores all over his body and surely he will curse you. God says ok just don't kill him.

Which by the way, it makes me wonder why God would tell Satan, ok go ahead and bring harm to him? I think the first time I heard this I wad thinking, what, no, god would never let anything bad happen right? I means that's what we are taught at least. It got me thinking, God was so proud of Job's faith, that he knew it would stand up through anything the devil threw at him.

So the question that needs to be asked is... Is my faith strong enough in God to take care if me that he would boast about me in heaven?

Also, during all this his friends come over and they start a lengthy conversation with him. But before that, they come and sit with him for seven days and nights, not saying a word, but just being with him. THAT'S AMAZING! I am honored to say I am sure I am have friends thAt would do the same for me as well.

Last thing, Job gets mad. If you read his questions to God and what he is saying, it is clear that he is very upset and asks some really difficult questions. I think thy is awesome. I think sometimes we forget that it is totally ok to vent to God, to let him know you're upset when something happens. Job does it and God dies not strike him dead. It's healthy! It shows that you have a real relationship with God, that you are open and comfortable with Him to ask those difficult questions.

We need not to forget that.

I am excited to keep reading through it though I tend to keep finding new things.

On another note, my Hebrew final today was way hard and I'm not too sure how I did on it. I got one more test and I'm so excited for this well needed three weeks off of school.

1 comment: