Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nahum 1:7

"The Lord is good, a strong refuge when trouble comes. He is close to those who trust in him." Nahum 1:7

Wow. What a verse to come across today. Honestly. It's been a trying 72 hours, physically and emotionally. The thing that stuck out to me the most is when it says "he is close to those who trust in him". So I have to ask, what happens when we are not trusting in the Lord? I think sometimes when we are not trusting in troubling times and we forget that He is bigger than any problem that we can ever have, God looks down at us and says, "come on, what are you doing. Don't you know who am I am?"

The Lord is good and is my strong refuge. That is something I need to keep in my mind this week. With all that is happening And what is going this is so calming and comforting to me.

How many times do we forget that we have the strongest fortress in the universe behind us?

1 comment:

  1. That's true, the good thing is we have a loving God who never leaves us! :)

    ReplyDelete