Monday, October 4, 2010

Man Oh Man I'm Blessed

so this last Friday was my birthday. i turned the big 2-4. man i am old. holy crap. i woke up and the whole was planned for me. Kristin picked me up and we went down to Balboa Island. she knows that i have this fetish for little hole-in-the-wall diners and she took me there for lunch. it was amazing. mushroom and onion burger with a dosxx amber.....hmmmmmmmmmm. that was great. we walked around downtown a bit, a beautiful day, and then we went walking around the board walk looking at all the multi-million dollar houses. i thought it was funny that this ridiculously nice house had a huge raptor in front. kinda scary.



but, the day went on and we went back home. Kristin was getting ready for the night, which i thought we were going back to my friend Eric Ortega's house. Kristin was getting ready and i am not going to lie, she was taking for ever. i was sort of getting annoyed.

little did i know....she had a surprise for me and was buying time.

so we go back to my house, which i thought we were just stopping by to say hi, and i walk into my house like i usually do...like i own the place. and come around the corner into the kitchen and there are 25 of my closest friends and family standing there screaming, "SURPRISE!!!!!". i didn't know what to do. i just stood there in shock. my first surprise party. it was a success. apparently, this whole thing whole thing had been planned for weeks and i literally had no idea. ZERO. i was impressed.

throughout the night, people came and went. we had food. drinks. horse shoe tournaments. it was great. i had my family there, my friends, co-workers. over all, it was a amazing night.

i feel blessed to have such an amazing girlfriend. thank you Kristin. and i feel so loved by all my friends who came to celebrate. cant even tell you how lucky i am to know all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment