Saturday, January 16, 2010

Knocking

"20 Listen! I am standing at the door and knocking! If anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come into his home and share a meal with him, and he with me." -Rev. 3:20

Just really quick because it's late and I am tired. But I read this verse the other day and I have not been able to get it out if my head. I have been thinking about it alot.

I love food. I love God. So sharing a meal with God would be the best thing ever. I would imagine. What I have ask is, how may times do we leave God outside when we are about to do something we know is wrong? We hear His voice, he wants to come in, but because we are doing some particular things we shut Him out.

He is saying "LISTIN! DUDE! You don't get it. You hear me calling, and you let me in. I want to be right there next to you while you struggle to help you beat this. All you need to do is open the door."

That should be reassuring. We need to let Him in, and BOOM, we have the comforter of comforters there right next to us. The King of the universe is there WANTING to be there with us.

You can take a breath now. God is wanting to be there. That is all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment