Monday, March 14, 2011

Thinking About Being Creative? (How To's)

Something that I have been wrestling with and thinking a lot about lately is being creative. I see other people who are writing about how to be a “Good Leader” or “Steps to Successful Ministry” or something like that. To be honest, I can do those things, I know how to lead (somewhat) and I know how to run a successful ministry (somewhat) but never enough to write something that is helpful. It’s just something I do, something that I partake in.


What I know I have a talent in is being creative. I don’t know why but it comes natural for me. It’s a gift that God has graciously blessed me with. I feel like I can come up with creative ideas, videos, and concepts relatively easily. For Shift Students here at CCV that’s one of the main things that I do. So why not write and help others unleash their creative monster that could be living inside them?! Too much? Sorry.


So what I will be doing for a while is go through my thought process on how I think and how I come up with some of the Creative aspects of our Wednesday night services. I just started to think about how I think and how I process things and wrote down a few notes. It might help or it might not, who knows. I just hope by writing it will be able to help others think creatively or maybe open up some thoughts about how or why something will work or will not work.


You don’t have to take all of my thoughts to heart, I am just sharing mine because its something that I am passionate about and I love to see something that first started in my head and then see it come to life through application and then being able to see it on a Wednesday night or a camp or event I plan.

There is no better reward for me to use my God given ability to effect, alter, entertain, etc. a person for the benefit of God’s kingdom. Nothing is greater than that.


I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts when I post something. I really do appreciate it. I would love to start some dialogue if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment