Monday, December 20, 2010

What I Love About Christmas

Man oh man this is a busy time of the year. What is the best thing? Peppermint mocha from Starbucks in a red Christmas cup… hmmmmmmmmmmm!

What I want to do right now is come up with a list of things that I love about this Christmas time. So I hope you enjoy and don’t judge me:

· Like I said above, peppermint mocha from Starbucks. It’s Christmas in a cup. I know you can get it all year around though but it always tastes better around this time.

· I love the movie “Christmas Vacation” with Chevy Chase and the Griswolds.

· I love the rain. The fact that its been raining for what seems like the past 127 days is amazing.

· I love seeing older dudes who look like Santa but are not Santa because that’s how they look all year around.

· I like being able to tell when the 1,000,000 Santas we see during this time of year are actually really skinny and they don’t do a great job stuffing their stomach.

· I love to go into Toys’R’Us and just finding a place to sit and watch as all the kids throw a tempter tantrum and see how the parents react.

· I love that when I go home, my parent’s house smells like Christmas cause of my mom’s many, many candles.

· I love that Christmas morning is my cat’s favorite day of the year because she loves to hide and make dens out of the mountains of wrapping paper.

· I love the German food at our Christmas Eve dinner with my entire family.

· I LOVE online Christmas Shopping…. seriously, why would anyone go into a freaking store with a billion other people when you can sit on the couch in your PJ’s and looks at things online, go on facebook, watch TV and drink coffee, all while having all of the presents send to your door step. The…best…. thing…ever.

· I love that my roommate and friend Jeremiah Mullins is dressed up like an Elf for the JOY Christmas services at CCV.

· During the JOY services, I am back stage, and I LOVE LOVE the kids faces when they are on the stage and it snows on them. It’s adorable.

· Love that every year, without fail, my mom gets my brother and I a package of underwear to unwrap Christmas morning.

· I like seeing little cars (like a Prius) take a huge, huge tree on top of their car to the point where it looks like the car its just going to say, “I quit.”

· I love that the movie ELF is ALWAYS on…ITS SANTAAAAA!!!!! HE’S COMING!!!!!!! Get me every time.

· I love that I get to wear pants, a jacket, and beanie everyday and not because I am just lazy and didn’t want to do my hair.

· Candy canes!

· Love that one of my other roommates sleeps in a onezie when it’s cold in our house.

· Waking up to the rain.

· Going to sleep to the rain.

· I hate/love that my dad, every Christmas, will wake everyone up in the house at 5:30 am Christmas morning.

· I hate/love that when we don’t get up he will FULLY BLAST Christmas music through the speakers until everyone is up and down stairs reading to open presents.

· Love that Christmas day I do absolutely nothing.

These are just a few things I love. What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment