Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Confession

sorry it has been a while since i last posted. i feel like i have been running around like crazy lately.

with that, that is just an excuse i know. and im sorry for that. i have come to realize in the past few days that i am not as great as i thought i was. the past few weeks have been super humbling. i know i am great at a lot of things. i can run a service, i can make videos, i can make people laugh, i can help people out and listen when people have a problem. these things among many other things.

there are TONS of things i need to work on for myself. not just to better myself but to allow other people to help me better get along with me. i know i am a sarcastic person. thats just who i am. dry, short, witty humor. i just dont know how to turn it off sometimes. and it hurts people. adults and students. i am not patient with certain people. some people get on my nerves way easier than others. and my first reaction is to be sarcastic with them and belittle them. thats not right. i am not organized. because i am not, and i dont focus on the details of certain things, it leaves others in the dust picking up after my mistakes. im not okay with that. i know for sure i can be a lot nicer and literally show Christ's love to people. i have been slacking on that. my prayer life is, in my opinion, is awful. i know that is just Satan trying to deter me from from communicating with God. to the point where i fall asleep while others are praying. that kills me. i love my job. but i feel that i can do so much better and give more passion to what i already am doing.

i want God to use me in the most useful way possible. i want to show other people God's love for them through my actions and words. i want to be more of a light that represents who Jesus is.

this is my prayer. i would appreciate it if you kept these things in your prayers as well.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pray for you. Can you pray the same for me? Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you, Justin. I used to struggle with the sarcasm and I can tell you that as with all things, God is bigger and He can bring change. For me, I was fearful to let go of it, because I loved the laughter that came with it. But, I found that there was still laughter and there was no regret afterward. I also found that the less people I pierced with my tongue, the more people I was able to engage in a more intimate relationship--Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete